Sunday, June 9, 2013

Golden Gate Paper Quill Art

Handmade using strips of paper, glue, tweezers, scissors, and lots of patience. This is part of a wedding gift I made for a friend. Her and her soon to be hubby met while both studying at UCSF. He proposed on a climb to the top of the Golden Gate bridge! (Yes, they have connections.) The project took me around 3 weeks to complete and is framed in a hinged shadowbox. I also incorporated their wedding colors (coral, fuchsia, and teal). Can't wait to give it to them at their wedding in a couple of weeks! 


Keiko & Alan's Quilled art

With the shadowbox open.

Keiko & Alan's Quilled art


Keiko & Alan's Quilled art


Keiko & Alan's Quilled art
With shadowbox closed.

Keiko & Alan's Quilled art










3 comments:

  1. Just came from AnnMartin's blog....This is such an awesome piece of art...Love the swirls,twirls of the waves and the quilled bridge...Love the color combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sathya! I can take credit for the swirls and design, the color combo? Not so much. That can be accredited to the the bride and groom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to get this exact thing made for me with the names Brian and Tina

    can you make me one if so how much and how soon can I get it? email address mtatina22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete